Welcome to the Greater Seattle Intergroup Corrections Committee.
Our mission is to coordinate the work of A.A. members and groups to carry the A.A. message of recovery to alcoholics in prisons and other correctional institutions.
We fulfill the following needs:
- Taking 12 Step meetings inside correctional facilities
- Providing Big Books and other conference-approved literature to correctional facilities for inmates to request
- Becoming a “bridge” by taking newly released members to meetings
- Writing letters to men and women who want recovery support while they serve time
- Serve as a clearinghouse of information that District corrections chairs and individual AAs can bring back to their groups
Facilities we serve
We currently take meetings into the following institutions:
- King County Jail (KCJ)
- Regional Justice Center (RJC)
- Federal Detention Center
- Kent City Jail
- SCORE (South Correctional Entity)
- Helen B. Ratcliff (Women’s Work Release)
- Bishop Lewis House (Men’s Work Release)
Note: “AA is not allied with any sect, denomination or politics, organization or institution” – while Corrections Committee coordinators by necessity work with correctional facility staff to “clear” AAs who wish to attend 12 Step meetings, and supply conference-approved literature to facilities for distribution to inmates, neither the Greater Seattle Intergroup Corrections Committee, individual members of the Committee, nor Greater Seattle Intergroup itself is affiliated with any correctional institution.
- Carrying the Message into Correctional Facilities F-5
- Corrections Workbook
- Corrections Bridge Form
- Correspondence Form
- AA General Service Office Corrections Committee Page
- Seattle area corrections facilities meetings
We invite anyone to participate who would like to share the message with alcoholics in correctional institutions. Our committee meets the second Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the GSIG Office:
5507 6th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98108
During COVID we will meet via zoom:
Meeting ID: 865 1154 5073
One tap mobile
,,0#,,727826# US (Tacoma)
,,0#,,727826# US (Houston)
Please email corrections@seattleAA.org or call 206-587-2838 with any questions or for help completing the forms.
Sign up if you have any questions about Corrections service, would like to volunteer, or receive an email reminder prior to each committee meeting.